GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with an 06 Airbag tell me where the CB connector under the shell is located... I cannot seem to find it...

Willy

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just spent 3 hours looking for that connector and could not find it. I guess I will take it to the dealer. If anyone has a picture of the connector that would be really cool.

Willy

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't have a picture but I just installed mine on an 07 w/airbag. Remove the plastic on the right side and the connector is in the black boot on the left side of the air vent. Hope this helps.
James

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, but I think the 06 must be different from the 07. The connector is not in the little black boot or anywhere else I could find....

Willy

·
Chard Member
13,047 Posts
BillytheKidd said:
Thanks for the help, but I think the 06 must be different from the 07. The connector is not in the little black boot or anywhere else I could find....

Willy
Is it a U.S. bike?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it is a US bike. I have been reading on the other board, where several people are having the same problem. Some have found it, but some like me haven't. The last I heard from Pete Hatfield is that the connector is located deep behind the black boot that in mentioned in the post above. I looked but still did not see it.

Willy

·
Chard Member
13,047 Posts
BillytheKidd said:
Yes, it is a US bike. I have been reading on the other board, where several people are having the same problem. Some have found it, but some like me haven't. The last I heard from Pete Hatfield is that the connector is located deep behind the black boot that in mentioned in the post above. I looked but still did not see it.

Willy
Pete and others on this board say it's on the right side in a large black boot. Keep digging and good luck. LOL... It should be large enough you couldn't miss it if you get close.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My CB plug was on the right side close to the radiator fill. I don't have an airbag model but the service manual shows it at the same place. Tried to paste the picture from manual but not figure it out. Richard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts