GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 ABS without the CB option. This leaves the CB controls on the left bar with no purpose. I could use those switches for some aux devices, horn, lights, etc. I am particularly interested in the CB transmit switch as it is very convenient for me to use. Does anyone on this board have the expertise to tell ( or draw ) the wiring schematic for me as how to do this? Thanks

I

·
0 Posts
You are considering opening a huge can of worms. Those controls are all integrated into the master audio unit, and if you start cutting them you will likely be a very unhappy camper, as you can end up screwing up the whole system. At the very least you will seriously affect the resale value of your bike. Just add new switches for whatever you want to do. There are some nice aftermarket switch panels available for accessories.

My $.02

Ride safe

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IBTrike, thanks for that bit of advice...I am going to take it. I thought maybe there were some hard wires I could just attach to an aux horn or something but I'll just hook up a seperate switch. Happy trikin'

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Red for that link....very interesting. Is that the can of worms that IBTrike was talking about? LOL

·
Chard Member
12,972 Posts
ElBando said:
Is that the can of worms that IBTrike was talking about? LOL
When I had two good eyes, it wouldn't have been a can of worms. Now that I have "CSS", it could turn into a huge can of nasty! LOL...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts