GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a CB and was wondering what channel most run on or is it just whatever channel.....I'd like to talk to other wings on the road and thought maybe there was a "wing" channel that most used :?: I'm new to the Wing world so excuse my Newbie'ness :roll:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm on the East coast........I know at one time the 1800 board was trying to have channel 8 as a common channel......a group of us use 10 and another group I ride with uses 16 ..... I guess it depends on the area and what the lesser used channels are so as not to interfere.......joy

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm trying to find a ham radio solution (something mounted)...I have an Icom in the dually + a CB...spend alot of hours in the truck each day so I wouldn't mind figuring out what CB channel the wings are on....

When i'm on the wing, I don't see a wing, when I'm in the truck, wings galore...go figger.

·
Registered
206 Posts
MadCow said:
I'm trying to find a ham radio solution (something mounted.
Check out http://www.marc-hq.org/

Lots of discussion and options for mounting ham radios on wings.

I have a Kenwood TM-D700 that was on my GL1500 (fully integrated). But I just got an 05 1800 and have not as of yet mounted the radio on that.

Carl
N7KUW

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I used to stay on Channel 1 when traveling with my wife, she on her CB equipped ST and me on my CB equipped GL. But I noticed that every time we got near other wingers they were pretty much chatting on channel 1. Since then I have learned that Channel one is pretty much a defacto standard for the GWRRA riders.

We now ride on Channel 3, but if I see a winger and want to connect I'll first try channel 1 where I usually get them up and then go to 19 where they will often hang out if they are solo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts