GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just upgraded from a 97 1500 to a 06 1800, I have an issue with the CB radio. When I key up there is a delay before my transmission goes out. This prevents the listener from hearing the first word or two. I have had other CB radios do this on the first key up after turning on power for the first time only but my 1500 CB was always transmiting instantly. Has anybody experienced this?

gl-goldwing06
06-NAV-COMFORT

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
this is an issue sometimes with our riding group and i really don't think the problem is the CB, sometimes some folks just don't get the talk switch pushed befor they start talking, the agrivating part to me is when u ask them to repeat what they just said and they keep doing the same thing-not pushing the talk switch soon enough so u miss the same first word or 2 and can't figure out what they are talking about

yes i catch myself doing the same thing sometimes and try not to do it again :oops:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Actually, if you have mic mutes this might be a good thing because you momentarily actuate the CB PTT switch to turn the mic mutes on and off. Since there is a delay in turning on the transmitter when the PTT is keyed it prevents keying the CB from transmitting when you only want to turn the mic mutes on/off. I hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
It happens to all of ours. Our Safety officer, Ob, that would usually be Bob has that problem. hee hee Also when we announce something like Road Kill in left track it comes out Oad Kill left track. we got used to it. the biggest problem seems to come from the leader and tailgunner when we all make a light or a turn and we all make it. the tailgunner would say Ack Ack, instead of Quack Quack and the leader would say Addle Addle instead of Waddle Waddle. It gets very confusing but you get the picture. :capwin:

·
Registered
27 Posts
CB Delay

If you just upgraded wonder if your CB Beep is turned on. Sometimes mine get turns on and when you key up it beeps before the words are allowed.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: CB Delay

h1800cc said:
If you just upgraded wonder if your CB Beep is turned on. Sometimes mine get turns on and when you key up it beeps before the words are allowed.
The Roger-Beep is after you talk, not before...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
banana boy said:
It happens to all of ours. Our Safety officer, Ob, that would usually be Bob has that problem. hee hee Also when we announce something like Road Kill in left track it comes out Oad Kill left track. we got used to it. the biggest problem seems to come from the leader and tailgunner when we all make a light or a turn and we all make it. the tailgunner would say Ack Ack, instead of Quack Quack and the leader would say Addle Addle instead of Waddle Waddle. It gets very confusing but you get the picture. :capwin:
Banana, if it were a delay in the transmit signal activating, you would hear Ack Quack" and "Addle Waddle". If that's the case and you were just using the example and not trying to be precise, then it could be transmit delay. If it actually does cut off both words, then there is a chance it's in the receivers and not in the transmitters. I've seen these conditions in various situations with various equipment and sometimes it's a real stinker determining cause and effect. Get's into ALC, AGC, PLL lock, Oscillator hysteresis, RF Feedback... technical side of the transceiver. :)
DC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts