GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all CB experts! After about an hour of continued use on group rides, my CB stops TX but the RX function works fine. The display flashes a "CB Error" message. If I turn the CB off for a few seconds and then back on, it works fine for another hour or so before it stops transmitting again. I've checked the SWR and cleaned all connections. Any ideas short of replacing the CB?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
diavalos said:
Calling all CB experts! After about an hour of continued use on group rides, my CB stops TX but the RX function works fine. The display flashes a "CB Error" message. If I turn the CB off for a few seconds and then back on, it works fine for another hour or so before it stops transmitting again. I've checked the SWR and cleaned all connections. Any ideas short of replacing the CB?

Thanks in advance.
Most likely problem could be the transmit switch on the left handlebar. Other than that, any of the connectors that go between the left switch assembly and the CB. When I had a CB Error, nothing worked. It was a loose pin in one of the connectors under the seat.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
cb error

Mine did this once in 3 years, came on cb error, then left not to return. I have read that this is a loose connection or that the plug in under the top shelter is plugged into the wrong connector. JD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts