GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a CB from a guy on the board with no problems at in the sale or delivery. Got the cb installed yesterday but there were only 2 filters included in the used one I bought?? The instructions show three?? I phoned the guy I bought it from and he said there were only 2. one at the front left and one at rear left. Is that correct?

Added Jan 22:
Thanks for part numbers, but they don't work. Local Honda dealer couldn't find them in his computer. Also interesting was that the CB kit diagram listed on the Honda dealer patrs list showed only 2 filters, the two front ones??? Strange but true.

Thanks for tip re drilling holes, will be done this morning!!!

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
My 07 has three.

One on left side of fairing
One on right side of fariing.
and one under the seat.

Dennis

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
yup there is supposed to b 3 filters

i know a guy who's dealler didn't install the filters, couldn't tell any difference untill he traded for another new wing at a different dealler and they told him the filters were not there, the original dealler had to order new filters from Honda, still works the same as before so i don't think they help much

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Three. The waterproof filter connects in the power wiring to the fuel pump. The other two are installed in the power wiring to the two radiator fans.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Re: filters

jshotwell said:
I have tried to order the filters but Honda dealer cannot locate the #'s
CB noise filters
2 each Filter, Fan Motor (P/N 08E95-MCA-1000-12)
1 each Filter, Fuel Pump (P/N 08E95-MCA-1000-13)

I haven't checked these numbers out, but I'm sure they're right because I saw them on the Internet... (GL1800riders.com as a matter of fact! :wink: )

·
Registered
4 Posts
CB Install

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in, after a very bad exp. with my CB. I installed my own CB no problem, last summer a bottle of water wasn't closed all the way and leaked in the trunk. I didn't think anything about it at the time, (surely the trunk will drain (NOT)!!!!! Little did I know my radio was doing the back stroke untill it quit working. When I investigated and discovered the problem I was sick. The thought of having to replace my less than 1 year old radio did not make my day. The good news is I discovered that my Ins. Co. covers stupidity(lucky me). I will provide some drain holes when I install my new unit there will be drainage. Just thought I'd share my exp. Great board.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Re: CB Install

montiniauto said:
Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in, after a very bad exp. with my CB. I installed my own CB no problem, last summer a bottle of water wasn't closed all the way and leaked in the trunk. I didn't think anything about it at the time, (surely the trunk will drain (NOT)!!!!! Little did I know my radio was doing the back stroke untill it quit working. When I investigated and discovered the problem I was sick. The thought of having to replace my less than 1 year old radio did not make my day. The good news is I discovered that my Ins. Co. covers stupidity(lucky me). I will provide some drain holes when I install my new unit there will be drainage. Just thought I'd share my exp. Great board.
I had the same prob after a monsoon week at Daytona Beach (bike week). Mine was replaced under warranty. I argued that those CBs are water resistant but not "water proof" and there was no provision in the trunk for drainage.

The 1800 CB looks like the same radio used for the Valkery touring bike; it mounts under the trunk (the reason for the weather proofing).

Since then, I put in drain holes (4) anytime I do a CB install. :wink:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for part numbers, but they don't work. Local Honda dealer couldn't find them in his computer. Also interesting was that the CB kit diagram listed on the Honda dealer patrs list showed only 2 filters, the two front ones??? Strange but true.

Thanks for tip re drilling holes, will be done this morning!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts