GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helllo
I'm looking at a CB radio off an 04 GL1800 to install on my 08. I am told that there is some kind of a harness necessary to make the 04 CB compatible with my bike.

Has anyone done this, does it work OK, where would I get such a harness?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
549 Posts
It will fit just fine, nothing extra needed. It's the 12's and up that needs the extra harness. But, FYI it Pete at BikeMP3 that sells them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, what should the CB have with it,like what wires or whatever. I do (thanks to this forum) know that I have the right antenna. I'm planning to go tomorrow to look at the CB and want to be sure that it has what I need to hook it up

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Thanks, what should the CB have with it,like what wires or whatever. I do (thanks to this forum) know that I have the right antenna. I'm planning to go tomorrow to look at the CB and want to be sure that it has what I need to hook it up
There should be 3 cables coming from it permanently wired

Antenna

Power with 3 pin plug

Control and Audio long cable with large 13 pin connector on the end

Also if a complete kit there should be the following items but the CB will work fine without don't let these not being present put you off if your getting a good deal

2 fan filters black with a 2x 2 pin connectors (many people do not ever fit these they are to stop any noise if the fans come on but not essential)

1 fuel pump filter as above but different shape plug ( great to have but kind of as above more desirable though)

Cover plate made of black plastic with 4 push pin clips (its just a plastic plate to cover the unit in the trunk)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts