GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures and discriptions on how I installed the Honda CB on my 2009 Airbag Wing. I'm took my time and didn't get in a hurry with this job. Here is how much time it took me:
  • ~5 hours to remove the meter panel, top shelters, etc. to get the bike stripped down and ready for the CB install (first time doing this).
  • ~2 hours to install the CB (drill hole, run cable, plug in and cover connectors). This includes installing the EC IPod Interface with Handle Bar Control.
  • ~1 hour to install the antenna
  • ~2.5 hours to put the body work back together.
The top shelter removal was the hardest part. Mostly as I hadn't done it before and was careful to label the shelter bolts and cross-reference them to the manual for later referral. The rest of the install is very straight forward.

My hats off to those that can do this job in only 2-3 hours.

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/capozzir/2009 Goldwing/CB Install/

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm always slow, but I know how the job was done and how to do it next time.

Kudos to you for doing your own work. Also to Fred for the DVD's. I'm surprised he Honda dealers haven't bought the rights to his videos!

I like the satisfaction of doing the work myself and I really love saving the $70/hour mechanic cost!
:agree: And yes, Fred's videos are invaluable for working on this bike. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2021 Red/Black Goldwing Tour DCT
720 Posts
Lots of work..Rob,I'll be doing my CB and CD soon.I have to take it off the 04 and move it to the 09..:22yikes:

Ed..:coffee1:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lots of work..Rob,I'll be doing my CB and CD soon.I have to take it off the 04 and move it to the 09..:22yikes:

Ed..:coffee1:
Yikes!:shock: That's double the work! You'll probably fly through the reinstall! Good luck!

I'm just glad the bike is back together and everything works (I didn't forget to plug something in) and I didn't have any extra pieces! :p:excited:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yikes!:shock: That's double the work! You'll probably fly through the reinstall! Good luck!

I'm just glad the bike is back together and everything works (I didn't forget to plug something in) and I didn't have any extra pieces! :p:excited:
Whats wrong with spare parts? Don't they always give you some?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Great job. I did the same thing on my 08 Airbag and I can appreciate all the work, both physical and mental.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts