GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this board and have a 2018 Gold Wing Tour DCT Blue with a California Sidecar Encore trike kit installed. Also I have installed the Russell Seat, 2 shades of gray vinyl. My question is I need to install the CB Switch, is there any shortcuts where the manual wants a lot of plastic removed for this.

Tom Westendorf
Chesterfield, VA

2012 Gold Wing with a CSC Viper kit & Eurotrike front wheel system.
2016 CanAm Spider F3 Limited

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’m interested in the answer as well.I’m soon to be installing same on my 2018 Tour DCT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Nice! 51 steps for just the switch! Now you still need to install the cb radio AND the antenna!! Geesh!! What a nightmare! :frown2:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Short answer and long answer is NO! So, start pulling panels.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The most difficult part is stop procrastinating, then go to you tube look @ the video on how to install home link it will show each part to remove, once you do this you find it to be pretty simple to do and remember if you think you will forget how something goes together your camera on your phone is your best friend. Once you finish you will say that was not all that bad. When working on the bike if you think any small part is going to fall into a black hole to be lost forever always put a rag in that spot so it will not happen. Now the only problem for me is the sensitivity in my finger is not that good any more so a good pair of thin needle nose pliers help to put the pins back in place good luck, and just get her done. The reason to watch that video is because it is the same parts to remove and I had not seen one for Cb install.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Prepare your tools needed, service manual, youtube videos, baggies, sharpie, camera for before and after pics, and lots and lots of patience. EASY!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CB Install

Thanks everyone. It took me 4 days but I am old and slow. I also installed the XM radio where Honda wanted it. It is off the Daytona Bike Week to get a windshield.

Tom Westendorf

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
While the instructions look very time consuming. The key is not to just install one item at a time but to combine the installs. I had the dealer do most of my accessories and they took about a day to do everything. My goal was to have a bike that was properly setup from the day of purchase. I did enough wrenching on the BMWs that I wanted a bike that I could just ride.
I have since installed a few additional accessories. Plan ahead and lay everything out on tables and work benches, then take your time and don't due something half way thinking that you will complete it later.
This weekends project is to install LED high beams on my fiancés 2012 Wing.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I wanted a lot of accessories on my bike and downloaded all the instructions.
I realized it would be best to remove all the plastic, then install all the parts, and then put it back together again.
It is not hard work, just time consuming.
However with my back, I knew I would only be able to work on it a couple of hours a day and my new bike would be apart for 2 weeks to do this, so I opted to have the dealer do everything and it was done in 2 days.
Glad you got it all done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts