GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK when installing the CB is it necessary to remove the trunk? Gosh I’m following the Honda instructions and have been the better part of 30 minutes just disconnecting electrical connections under the seat and rear fender. Glad to have some wire markers on hand to tag these connections.
Is there a better set of instructions that one of expert mechanics wrote somewhere? I tried the search function with no luck.
Thanks,
sparky

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys thats for the help. Its a rainy weekend here in eastern PA and a good day to clean under the seat I guess while I install the radio.
And i thought mounting tires by hand was fun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If I remember the issue with removing the trunk was so that you dont drill the hole into the wiring harness that lies near the hole. I had no problem avoiding drilling through the wires without removing the trunk, I just had to be careful.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
OK when installing the CB is it necessary to remove the trunk? Gosh I’m following the Honda instructions and have been the better part of 30 minutes just disconnecting electrical connections under the seat and rear fender. Glad to have some wire markers on hand to tag these connections.
Is there a better set of instructions that one of expert mechanics wrote somewhere? I tried the search function with no luck.
Thanks,
sparky
Check out the "How To, Step-by-Step" forum. This may be helpful also.
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200985

1 - 8 of 8 Posts