GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of ordering an '07 Wing. Can anyone tell me if installing the CB unit is straight forward, or is it best left to the Honda service people. Thanks.

Ed

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
eweingarden said:
I'm in the process of ordering an '07 Wing. Can anyone tell me if installing the CB unit is straight forward, or is it best left to the Honda service people. Thanks.

Ed
Welcome to the board!

Assuming (a) Honda has not significantly changed the CB/filters on the '07, and (b) installer has moderate mechanical skills and basic hand tools, the task is rather straight forward.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just installed the CB and antenna in my '06 without any problems. Biggest difficulty is finding the connectors for the filters. I removed the top shelter to install although I have read here that it is only necessary to lift it a bit. I suppose but two of the filters are L and R of the top shelter about where the pocket is. Honda's instructions are good except for where to find the filter connectors. You should have no problem.

Ed Hamilton
'06 ABS

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Eweingarden,

Let us know where you are and if someone close to you has done it they might be willing to help out.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I just did mine onmy 06.....it ain't so bad. just gotta find the boots for the filters.....which is not really difficult....especially in the front. the rear one was confusing to me at first....but I got it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I'm located in north-central CT. If there is anyone out there in the area, I'd be most appreciative of your assistance.

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts