GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A funny thing is happening lately with my CB. Regardless of channel, it will occaisionally act like it is receiving a signal. Just for a split second, only long enough to light up the RX indicator. It started in Daytona last week, and does it mostly at stoplights, but not always. My wife is within 20 feet and her CB doesn't pick it up. Any ideas? :?:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Analysttom said:
A funny thing is happening lately with my CB. Regardless of channel, it will occaisionally act like it is receiving a signal. Just for a split second, only long enough to light up the RX indicator. It started in Daytona last week, and does it mostly at stoplights, but not always. My wife is within 20 feet and her CB doesn't pick it up. Any ideas? :?:
Sounds like what my ABS '03 has always done. It would seem that the ABS checks itself periodically and emits an RF burst when it does so. If I'm stopped holding the hand brake when it occurs, I feel a pulse in the lever.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Dream Catcher said:
Do you have the squelch setting to close to the ambient noise level?
If it's the ABS, it won't make a lot of difference. The noise will be quicker and sharper, but it'll still be there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts