GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday I get to order the listed items. It was that or order a new bike. At least that is what I told the bookkeeper.
Question 1- can I install the CB and antennae myself? If so, are there easy to follow instructions somewhere?
Question 2- Is the Mic-mute a ptt, in other words will this allow the passenger to talk on the CB? And again, can I install it and how.
Question 3- where is the link for Mic-o-pegs?
Question 4- I am going to Thunder Beach this weekend in Panama City and need some input on which buttpad to have installed?

Thanks in advance..
Joe

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
iridealot said:
Question 1- can I install the CB and antennae myself? If so, are there easy to follow instructions somewhere?

Question 4- I am going to Thunder Beach this weekend in Panama City and need some input on which buttpad to have installed?

Thanks in advance..
Joe
Joe, You can install the CB yourself, but to avoid some frustration, look up your local chapter of GWRRA. Some of those guys have a lot of experience doing that stuff. I met some this past weekend in St. Augustine (FL1V) and they mentioned they had it down to less than an hour and offered to install it for me when I get mine. Check out that resource. Several fiends of mine with a some electrical knowledge took almost 4 hours to install theirs.

As far as a but pad, the Aqua-Aire cushion is an option but with the short time frame, you might be hard pressed to get something that quick. Check out "ddking's" post here. Lots of good info on getting comfortable on the wing.

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... 917#160917

You might also check into getting a beaded seat cover from Wally World and modifying it to fit your seat. If you don't want to go to that trouble, check out www.beadrider.com

Good luck!

Bartman

G

·
iradealot wrote:

Question 2- Is the Mic-mute a ptt, in other words will this allow the passenger to talk on the CB? And again, can I install it and how.
Hawkmoon wrote back:

Anwser to #2 Yes it is additional cost. and Yes you can do the install. Instructions are included and easy to follow.
Hawkmoon is correct about the self installation as it is plug and play. However if I understand correctly ppt is Push-To-Talk and not cost. Mic-Mutes require you to have a passenger PPT switch either from Honda or purchase their package that includes it. I think the set is $119 if you already have a passenger PPT and $139 if you need one. Hardest thing about the install is pulling the plastic plugs apart to connect the mic mutes harnesses. If you ever use these things you will never be without them. And yes your SO will be able to transmit on the CB just like you.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I have recently met some of the guys in the Gwraa and know they have a mechanics night. (which I imagine is mostly spent adding and not too much mechanics) I am having something installed inside the seat. Mic-o-pegs ka-hs will be ordered as well as the other items next week.
It's almost like Christmas!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.