GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the michrophone gain adjustment that I got from Louis in Puerto Rico who got it somewhere online from a J&M post. He scanned it and emailed it to me last year. It worked well for me. Legally you must be FCC licensed to open a CB radio and will probalbly void your warranty and maybe break your radio if you are not good with this stuff. That said...here it is. This is scanned paper you may need to zoom out to read it.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/uneasyrider/cbmod/

By the way the screws seem to be painted with the case so you may want to remove the paint before trying to unscrew them.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks. This is a keeper.
Bulldog, you said a mouthfull! I have been looking for this writeup for almost a year and now I finally have it maybe, just maybe I can shut my CB up now!

Because I have been looking for this for so long and now that I have it, I didn't want to take a chance on losing it, so I've taken the liberty of creating a word document with the picture and it's posted on our site at this URL http://www.smithwarenetworks.net/GoldWing/Posted/GL800CBRadioModulation.doc

I believe that you can go to "file", "Save as" and save the word document on your local system, if you like. If that doesn't work for you go back one level to http://www.smithwarenetworks.net/GoldWing/Posted/ and you should see a list of files, if you right click on the document you should be able to save it on your local system from there as well. If you are on a dial up connection be forewared the file is just a bit over a megabyte in size.

And uneasyrider I only have a few things to say to you...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your welcome, thanks for retyping it too the scans were hard to read. I did this last year and the only thing that I did was turn up the gain pot and when I tested it I was at normal volume as I far as I was concerned so I buttoned it up and have had no problem since.

Watch the screws when you open the case because the head turns off very easily if you dont break through the paint. Otherwise it's pretty basic stuff.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks

I also want to add my thanks to Uneasyrider for posting this.

I've been looking for this document for a long time and Uneasyrider came through. We all owe you one.

I hope I wasn't too much of a pest.

Ed

·
Registered
810 Posts
Are We All Sure This Came From J&M

I'm not trying to cause any friction, but are we sure this is a valid write up from J&M, the company who does headsets?

I've watched John's posts on a variety of boards and have seen his reluctance to even talk to people who want to use his components in any way that might affect the Honda warranty. I just have a real difficult time thinking that John would do a write up that put his company behind an article that would entail pulling and modifying the Honda CB radio.

I hope he sees this and chimes in because until he personally said it came from his company, I wouldn't begin to do this.

No, I'm not saying anyone here is a lier, please don't take it that way, simply that I remember reading a post where a guy wanted to use John's J&M gear an a way different than designed and John was pretty strong in not supporting it. This doesn't fit his way of working, at least, in my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will this fix have any bearing on the intercom modulation? That seems to be a problem on my bike. At a volume setting of ten or eleven, my passenger says she can hardly hear me. If I go higher than that on the volume, it picks up road noise, wind noise and any other noise that happens to be occuring.
03 yellow w/Hondaline CB from Hal of course.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mike,

This particular post was originally from John, but he quickly pulled it from his site. I suspect his reason was either Honda asked him to or that he realized that he was providing technical direction that could be considered a violation of FCC rules. John, as a business person in the communications industry, needs to stay clean so I can understand why he pulled it. This instruction sheet is definitely an "at your own risk" and should not be considered an endorsement from John.

However, since my wife used to work in the avionics industry, we have some test equipment, and I'm pretty handy with electronics, I'm willing to take the risk. If I still had some warranty left on the CB, I wouldn't try this.

Later, Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts