GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the OEM CB radio what is needed in the way of noise filters. I bought a BikeMp3 CB setup and will be selling my old CB. Are there 2 or 3 noise filters. I only found 2 on our sponsors board, but I thought I remembered 3 when I installed one for a friend.
Thanks for the help.
RogerB

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
There are 3. 2 are the same and connect to each radiator fan. The 3rd one is different and connects to the fuel pump. Your new CB doesn't require the filters.
1. Why are you replacing it?
2. What price are you asking for the old unit?
3. What all goes with it?

Wayne

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wayne, thanks for the info. I figured I would leave them in as it won't hurt anything I believe. I. Selling my OEM unit to a friend of mine and I thought.I.would put in new filters.
I am selling her the CB for $300.00. Is that a fair price? I don't want to cheat her,but I don't want to hurt myself too much either.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Just get the one filter for the fuel pump to start with and see how you go you would be surprised how many people don't install any of the filters and have no issues

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Wayne, thanks for the info. I figured I would leave them in as it won't hurt anything I believe. I. Selling my OEM unit to a friend of mine and I thought.I.would put in new filters.
I am selling her the CB for $300.00. Is that a fair price? I don't want to cheat her,but I don't want to hurt myself too much either.
When it comes to price on used parts it is whatever the seller and the buyer agree on.

Wayne

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
$300 is about 1/2/ price so I would say thats fair. For the filters I only install the fuel pump filter on the CB's I have installed and have never had a problem with any noise or interference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts