GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Got my mute button un-stuck and now i can begin to play with the cb. Is there an instruction booklet out there that describes the various functions of the radio (Squelch, turning it on and off,, mine seems to be on all the time)etc. I have never used a cb before (can you tell:shrug:) and mine shipped with only installation instructions.

Thank you in advance,

Bill
02 Pearl Orange Abs

· Registered
356 Posts
If you don't find anything online, I can scan the booklet and email it to you but it might be a couple of days before I can get to it.

If you push and hold the CB button on the radio control box, it should shut off or turn on the CB.

· Registered
2013 Red GW
5,937 Posts
What you get in the box is it. Nothing in the owners manual covers CB operation. Mine came with a owners manual booklet with a Part Number 08E95-MCA-1002-81 280-7600-02 and a Ref. No. JC-216H-51/52 If that will help you any.

· Smoky
1,190 Posts
orangewingnut,
I'm not sure but some info may be in the Owner's Manual. Can't say for sure because it's been a long time since I've looked in it. Worth a look though!

· Registered
1,599 Posts
Hello,

Got my mute button un-stuck and now i can begin to play with the cb. Is there an instruction booklet out there that describes the various functions of the radio (Squelch, turning it on and off,, mine seems to be on all the time)etc. I have never used a cb before (can you tell:shrug:) and mine shipped with only installation instructions.

Thank you in advance,

Bill
02 Pearl Orange Abs
Bill,
The CB operation is pretty simple. Turn it on, select your channel and adjust the squelch so that the static stops (with no signal coming in). Squelch set a 0 (zero) opens the receiver wide open so that you receive all the noise that's there. The higher the squelch number, the stronger the signal required for you to receive it. My HD Ultra has a squelch so strong that when set to max it will not receive a Wing CB sitting next to it.

To transmit, push the trans button and speak into the headset mike. Other than tuning the VSWR of the antenna, there is no user adjustment to the transmitter.

Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.