GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife CB sometime makes a loud screech sound when she talks to me. Its not all the time. Does anyone know what is wrong with her CB radio?

Thanks
David

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
If I'm interpreting your post correctly - you have 2 bikes (looking at the picture) and you get a howl/screech when she talks to you?

Happen every time?

How close to each other were you when this happens?

Your receiver could be getting overloaded with too much signal would be my guess.

Need more info.

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,
your so correct we have two bikes. It does not happen ever time and when it does happen it can be at any distance from next to one another to half mile away.

Thanks
David Roberts

·
Registered
297 Posts
The "screetch" you are hearing is typically caused by RF energy friom the CB transmitter getting into the wiring on the bike which can create a myriad of symptoms. Start by checking the grounds on your wifes bike, including the ground for the antenna as well as the main ground that connects the battery ground to the frame. Also, if you have a meter check the SWR on the antenna. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since I am the 'screeching wife' in question, I just assume this is your way of keeping me off the CB, and getting a little peace and quiet!!:tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts