GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the frame replaced in my 02-1800. CB Seemed to work ok, before the frame replacement. The CB seems to recieve just fine. but does not trasmitt very good. I can go down to 1 before the squelch starts making a noise, before it would starting squelching at about 4. I talk to a buddy on the cb . He could barley hear me , but I had no problem hearing him., Does anyone have a idea where I need to start looking and what for.
thomas

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Check your antenna connections in the trunk lower compartment. Also, check the wire to the antenna to make sure it has not been pinched somewhere along the cable.

If everything else works, (volume, channel, squelch controls), chances are it's somewhere in the antenna.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Also check the antenna ground strap in the trunk left side. remove the bolt, and scrub the area with a wire brush. You want nice shiny metal to bolt that ground strap back down.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I scrubed the washer and antenna bracket. Still the same problem. Tomorrow I will take the seat off and check the antenna cable and see if there is a problem there.(Look for pinch or unplugged cable) I didn't do anything with the SWR . Unless the mechanic did. I will call him tomorrow.
thomas

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Look in the compartment in the bottom of the trunk (where the CB is actually located) and make sure the antenna didn't come unplugged from the radio.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
The CB is in the lower trunk compartment, but the antenna connector is under the seat.
...and there is an antenna connection in that compartment as well. I don't know how many times and have seen that antenna connector come unplugged from just normal road vibrations.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thomas,

Be sure your mike is not turned around backwards. Don't ask me how I know this.

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts