GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing a CB in my 02 wing is it a plug and play deal or does it all have to be wired? I thought it was all wired for it but a dealer told me yesterday that it was not! wonder if he is just trying to get some eatra labor? :?:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Plug and play. The antenna is not part of the CB unit. You have to buy that seperate. Not a hard install if you are able to follow instructions.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Easy install Gordon, all the plugs, etc. are right where the instructions say they are. Sounds like your dealer needs the work. The hardest part is drilling the antenna holes in your trunk :(

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Plug and play all the way. You have to drill a few holes for the Ant and wire passage.

After you get it installed, take it by your dealer, and explain to them, that since it was such a hard install, you felt better if you did it yourself.

Bulldog

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys
I thought that was the case but the dealer
said no. Think he must need some business.
Not gonna get mine! Looks like I may try it
myself and buy from Hal. :lol:

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
The antenna is a breeze IF you use the Sierra with splitter. That way you have no hole to drill for it and you get better FM reception too -- or at least I do.

I did not "drill" the hole for the large grommet either; I used a sip bit in a roto tool and roughed it out close to the embossed lines; then I used a small roto tool drumsander to finish it out smooth to the embossed lines. Very quick and no tupperware to remove rearward from the seat.

prs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts