GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, I cant get the talk to work on the CB. The Icom works, and I can hear anyone talking on the CB, but noone can hear me on the CB. Does anyone have an idea what would cause that?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Did you set the SWR's? Sometimes if not set you can hear farther than you can talk. This is true anyway. But you cut you distance with out a flat signal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Make sure you know your in range of someone you can talk to. Honda CB's do not have a very good range of tramsmitting.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
nealjl said:
For some reason, I cant get the talk to work on the CB. The Icom works, and I can hear anyone talking on the CB, but noone can hear me on the CB. Does anyone have an idea what would cause that?
1st make sure you are both on the same channel, then look at your radio display to see if it indicates that you are transmitting (lower left corner will get a "TX")

If you are trying to talk to another m/c, make sure their squelch is not so high that they can't receive your CB signal. My Harley has a squelch so strong that I can block a CB signal from a bike parked next to mine. :wink:

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts