GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking I want to hook my garage door opener to my PTT switch. Is there a plug somewhere under the Tupperware on a 2008 1800A I can tap in to, or do I have to go right to the switch itself?
I have no expectations of going back to a factory set up once this is done as I will never get a CB and if I sell they buy as is.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,370 Posts
I am thinking I want to hook my garage door opener to my PTT switch. Is there a plug somewhere under the Tupperware on a 2008 1800A I can tap in to, or do I have to go right to the switch itself?
I have no expectations of going back to a factory set up once this is done as I will never get a CB and if I sell they buy as is.
The easiest hookup would be to tie it into the passenger’s ptt switch harness under the seat. The driver and the passenger switches are in parallel electrically. The connector for it is C30, black unused 2 pin in a boot at the left end of the relay bank. (Left sitting on the bike)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The easiest hookup would be to tie it into the passenger’s ptt switch harness under the seat. The driver and the passenger switches are in parallel electrically. The connector for it is C30, black unused 2 pin in a boot at the left end of the relay bank. (Left sitting on the bike)
Any chance this is a picture of it?

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for that info! I've been trying to decide on a location for a button for my garage door opener but this will be a much better solution. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts