GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the CB for the 2008 GL1800 will work with the 2012?:-( I have a 2008 and am wondering if the CB would be transferable (plug & play with the filters) to the 2012. Also can you use the same antenna?

·
Registered
318 Posts
And the CB sits in the space below the radio, in the trunk floor where the CD player used to be.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bike MP3 has an adapter for plug and play, the difference in the Antenna seems to be the length of the antenna wire. but the lead on the older radio's are longer,so seems that it will work. I ran my antenna wire inside the trunk..no holes to drill...

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
From what we have seen on the antenna the only difference is that the 2012 comes with a grommet for passing through the trunk wall I guess I need to measure the cable length

·
Registered
377 Posts
I installed mine shortly after I got my 2012, New CB for 2012 only, and New antenna 2012, antenna has short lead wire and gromlet, had to drill one hole thru front of trunk (painless) , works well. I had found the New 2012 CB on ebay and got the new 2012 antenna from my dealer. Whole install less time and pain than pre 2012s.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Bad news: Old one won't fit.
Good news: New one is a whole lot easier to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts