GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2009 GL1800 I purchased has a Bad CB Radio. I took the board into a electronics tech and got it back saying it was shot. Apperantly it had been engulfed in spilt coffee for an extended period of time.
I want to replace the CB but dont need the antenna or harness.

Now someone is selling a CB unit off of a 2002 GL1800 and I'm wondering if this model (JC-215H Made by Clarion) will work with a newer model Wing or if it must be the newer CB from Honda?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I have had both. My money is on the GL2Way...

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Ditto on the GL2Way! I've had one for a year and I like it a lot. It has more features and functions than the OEM CB and costs less. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Plus it now has a cool NASA Roger Beep. These just keep getting better.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Plus it now has a cool NASA Roger Beep. These just keep getting better.
NASA beep - how to irritate everyone else on the ride. I prefer to listen for the background carrier noise to end to signal the other guy has stopped talking, rather than a loud BEEEEPPP in my headset.

Readty - Who is your Board Sponsor? I'm still looking

Top of the page - Direct Line Parts. Click on the logo at the top of the page, it will take you to their website.

Plus 1 on the GL2WAY.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The 2009 GL1800 I purchased has a Bad CB Radio. I took the board into a electronics tech and got it back saying it was shot. Apperantly it had been engulfed in spilt coffee for an extended period of time.
I want to replace the CB but dont need the antenna or harness.

Now someone is selling a CB unit off of a 2002 GL1800 and I'm wondering if this model (JC-215H Made by Clarion) will work with a newer model Wing or if it must be the newer CB from Honda?
Thanks
I may have a Honda Remanufactured CB in stock - it is only the radio with no other parts like filters or harnesses. I can not send it back to Honda and would like to move it out of my inventory and will make a below list price plus shipping to move it. Give me a call today at 800-380-5628 after 9 am MDT in Billings MT (Ask for the "Service Dept"). This time of year is really busy for us so please be patient if you are on hold. If I cannot get to the phone right away I'm with a customer at the counter or on another line and will get to you as quick as possible. If the line is really long please have the receptionist take your name and # and I will call you back as quick as possible. It is new but has been in our inventory a few years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts