GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at used CB radios on eBay to install in my 2004 GL1800 trike. Some say they come with filters and some say they do not come with filters. I’m not sure I understand what these filters are, I thought the cb just plugged into a wiring harness already in place under the seat plus the need to add antenna to the side of the trunk. Can someone enlighten me on what I should be looking for in a cb. Thanks

·
Chard Member
12,735 Posts
Filters were used in the pre 2012 models

One filter went on the fuel pump the other two went on each cooling fan.

Really doubt you would miss the filters if you didn’t install them! The fans can’t even run when doing over 20mph. Never made sense to me

You get the CB and a cover plate to cover it in the trunk. Pre ‘12 you get the three filters as I mentioned.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
I think there was some benefit for various noise sources for those pre-2012 bikes. That is, noise from those specific items (fuel pump & fans...) could generate noise that's picked up by the CB.

On a trike?

Not knowing how much the OEM grounding scheme may have been messed with, it's hard to quantify.

At one time, those noise filters were available at Electrical Connection - not sure if they've been in stock or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts