GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning, I’m hoping you can assist. We Australia who have for many years enjoyed riding our Goldwing, but find the AM system not been suitable and placing additional CB unit (UHF) is required to be fitted to our bike.
We have now got the assistant from a CB company in Perth who is happy to do the work to convert the 13wire,14 plug connection that goes to the back of the AM CB unit. To provide a plug that then can connect to a modern standard UHF unit. Given Australian rides the safety and insurance to contact other drivers who all have UHF setup in their vehicle for an assistant if needed. Not to say have additional contact for general traffic warning and general chatting with other road users on these long trips.

So what I’m asking for if all possible is a copy of the wiring diagram showing what coloured wire does what to the standard radio. Any assistant you can offer will be very much appreciated here for the Goldwing riders of Australia. I currently have a 2010 model and I have been told that 2002 -2010 is the same wire combination.

I do sincerely thank you for your time
Regards
Tug:laugh:

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,372 Posts
Good Morning, I’m hoping you can assist. We Australia who have for many years enjoyed riding our Goldwing, but find the AM system not been suitable and placing additional CB unit (UHF) is required to be fitted to our bike.
We have now got the assistant from a CB company in Perth who is happy to do the work to convert the 13wire,14 plug connection that goes to the back of the AM CB unit. To provide a plug that then can connect to a modern standard UHF unit. Given Australian rides the safety and insurance to contact other drivers who all have UHF setup in their vehicle for an assistant if needed. Not to say have additional contact for general traffic warning and general chatting with other road users on these long trips.

So what I’m asking for if all possible is a copy of the wiring diagram showing what coloured wire does what to the standard radio. Any assistant you can offer will be very much appreciated here for the Goldwing riders of Australia. I currently have a 2010 model and I have been told that 2002 -2010 is the same wire combination.

I do sincerely thank you for your time
Regards
Tug:laugh:
Are you looking for just the 13 wire plug diagram? The actual radio diagram is different depending on the model year. Here’s the diagram for the CB wires, they are the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts