GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on purchasing CB. Which is the one that preforms best, least problems ,ease of install. Any recomendation would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I have owned both and my vote is the GL2WAY with Siera single antennae setup w/splitter.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have never had a factory cb, but the friends I ride with do and it works fine. I have a GL2way and so far it is great!! It was less expensive than a honda cb and does more. Support from the company is beyond beleif!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I highly reccomend the GL2WAY with a spliter antenna. It works fine for me on my 09 NAVI/ satillite radio and the service at Bikemp3 is the best! Buy it from them.
Rick

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Intergrate - Q2

Can GL CB be intergrated to use the Scala Q2 head Sets and still use the Q2 intrcom with Passenger ?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Can GL CB be integrated to use the Scala Q2 head Sets and still use the Q2 intercom with Passenger ?
No not directly. For 1 the Q2 has input capabilities only. With additional electronics the CB can be made BT. Check out J&M Corp. for that function.
Many of us are waiting for BT expansion w/GL2way.

·
Registered
84 Posts
OK... I have to ask. I do not know anyone who uses a CB radio any more. Is it worth getting one fitted as who will I be able to talk to? It's like the very 1st telephone.... Great invention but who the heck do you talk to?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have the Hondaline CB and antenna and it works great. The range is very limited because of the antenna height, but it works well within range. I ride with other Wingers that have CBs and we pre-select a channel and talk back and forth through out our ride.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Several Goldwingers have one. I used to think like you (who do I talk to) but after having one I wouldn't leave home without it. Some of my friends bought this $200 Cobra set from Sierra Electronics and they do better than my high dollar Hondline CB. It mounts to the handlebar and has a push to talk button that mounts to the left handlebar on the grip. It comes with a headset and boom mike like the OEM Honda set

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SIE-COBRA-IMCKIT

·
Registered
153 Posts
C.B. Radio

Howdy - In our chapter of GWRRA, we would be lost without a C.B. we use them all the time. Someone up front see a hazard, everybody knows about it. Where you use it, It seems it is always best on a group ride. When we ride in a staggered formation and need to change lanes, We all move together as one. when it's safe. By doing everthing together we present a larger body for the other cars to focus on then just one bike can do alone. The C.B. is how we all stay together... Best Wishes Mike Dory..WD6GIR

·
Registered
262 Posts
I seldom ride not being in a group. We all have CB's even the four or five Harley's that are in our group. As of now I think we have five Harley's and six Goldwings. All but two have a CB's.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The advantage of the Honda CB is that it is "plug and play" and integrates seamlessly with the GL1800's Intercom functions and is a reliable and durable piece of equipment. The disadvantages are that it is more costly than some aftermarket units and may not have the transmit/receiving power of some -- then again, how far are you interested in transmitting? I use mine when riding in a group and it has no problem connecting as far as 1.5 miles away. I also like the Sierra Electonics dual purpose antenna.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Should I or shouldn't I? If you ride with a group, or even a few individuals...the CB is indispensable...get it. If you always ride alone, or the few you ride with don't do CB...then don't bother. It's not worth it to just communicate once in a while with a trucker.

Which one? Most of our club members have the OEM. Works fine...but I won't say it's spectacular. I'd be willing to try the new alternative that some are referencing. HOWEVER, if your bike is a 2012, at this time only the OEM CB fits...as I understand it. New wiring. I'm sure that will change, but for now just the OEM.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I've talked to quite a few truckers with mine and used it to get local information on occasion. YMMV

1 - 17 of 17 Posts