GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with a 2005 Goldwing and looking for a cb radio for, if the price is right.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have a friend with a 2005 Goldwing and looking for a cb radio for, if the price is right.
I bought mine on EBAY in 2017 for my 2005 that I purchased in 2017. Good price and came with antenna. If Honda wanted to so something great they would install radios with the same frequency as Walkie Talkies. Those Radios reach out for several miles instead of just 2 miles at best. We use Walkie Talkies during fishing and hunting trips.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
@[email protected] - 'if' the OP does not want your CB, I am interested 'if' it will fit my 2012.
It won't fit unless you send it to Sierra Electronics and have them switch out the wiring. Your '12 has the long cable pre-installed on the bike and a '12-17 CB has no long cable attached. An '03 Wing CB comes with the cable already there that you run to just under the top shelter. Plus the connectors won't match up. Sierra is the only place I could find with the conversion parts and they were charging $125 labor and parts to switch out the harness. Same price if you buy the cable and install it yourself or if you send it in to them.
Johnny S

1 - 16 of 16 Posts