GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2008 Goldwing and I need I can a little help.On my cb I can receive but I can not transmit.Can some help me.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Do you get the TX icon on your screen? I had that problem and it was the microphone plug on my J&M headsets. A little cleaner did the trick.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have a 2008 Goldwing and I need I can a little help.On my cb I can receive but I can not transmit.Can some help me.

Thanks
Try spraying some electronic cleaner in all openings of your PTT switch. If this doesn't make it better, open up the switch box and work the PTT lever and make sure the switch clicks fully in the "ON" position when pushed down, A worn bearing can shift it out of line and prevent it from making contact completely.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Try hooking your headset to the passenger cable, see what happens. Also try a good known helmet with each connection (driver/passenger)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Try hooking your headset to the passenger cable, see what happens. Also try a good known helmet with each connection (driver/passenger)
Yes, checking your helmet on the passenger cord will let you know if the front cable may be bad. A second known good headset will verify that.
Did you check the microphone cable connection? This is the one in the helmet, tucked inside the padding on the helmet. Not the one from the helmet to the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts