GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to remove the cover on top of the CB switches. I see there are 2 small screws from the bottom side, but there must be others. Do I need to take the whole switch off the bars, are there hidden screws on the inside??

I want to remove it and mount my Spot II mount on top of the switch housing. Just need to make sure there is enough room for 2 small screws inside the housing.

HELP me please...

Smitty:bow:

·
Registered
410 Posts
2 screws on bottom top will come off then 1 inside holding it to the handlebar. It is easer to move about if you take the clutch lever off.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed the 2 small screws, I also removed the whole switch assm from the bars including removal of the clutch M/C to make more room. I also looked a parts fishe.

Just wanting to remove the part that covers the top switches..

Thanks Smitty

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
This should help

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just what I needed....

Thanks Smitty:thumbup:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to remove it and mount my Spot II mount on top of the switch housing. Just need to make sure there is enough room for 2 small screws inside the housing.

HELP me please...

Smitty:bow:
Well after removing the cover there is not enough room for any kind of fastener under the cover... Scrap the Spot II on the switch cover idea...:cry:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Well after removing the cover there is not enough room for any kind of fastener under the cover... Scrap the Spot II on the switch cover idea...:cry:
use tapered countersunk screws ( I think thats what there called )
they will mount flush..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts