GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...I will be installing a CB soon ( I hope )...The situation is this : The CB that I am getting ( USED) doesn't have the 3 capacitors that is recommended....What can I do ?
1. can I buy them from Honda ?
2. Does anyone make them ?
3. Will I have to have them custom made ?
4. Or am I S.O.L. ?
Please let me know.........Henry.............you can PM me if needed....

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
THis came up here on on the other board recently, so maybe a search will help. I think one pilgrim stated his works fine without the LC filters. I would ask Lewis at Electrical Connection if I were in your shoes.

prs

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I purchased a used Honda CB from totaled '04 that did not include the noise filters. I have had no noise issues with it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
They appear to be available from Honda Direct Line, our beloved sponsor.
Go to the HDL online parts catalog, then your GL1800 year > Wire Harness > Filter noise, Ref# 52 (for the 2006). Part number 39260-MCA-A01 $29.68 seems to be one of them. My CB Kit for the 2006 had three filters. One was listed as waterproof and the other two were not. Think that it is the plug type that makes it waterproof. I didn't find the "waterproof" designation on my quick look in the HDL site, but it should be there. Don't know how HDL's actual price will compare with the listed price. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Driftwood said:
They appear to be available from Honda Direct Line, our beloved sponsor.
Go to the HDL online parts catalog, then your GL1800 year > Wire Harness > Filter noise, Ref# 52 (for the 2006). Part number 39260-MCA-A01 $29.68 seems to be one of them. My CB Kit for the 2006 had three filters. One was listed as waterproof and the other two were not. Think that it is the plug type that makes it waterproof. I didn't find the "waterproof" designation on my quick look in the HDL site, but it should be there. Don't know how HDL's actual price will compare with the listed price. Hope this helps.
Driftwood..I couldn't find it...can you paste it to this for me ??? Thanx,,,,Henry

·
Registered
222 Posts
Actually when you search for those part numbers from the other thread:

2 each Filter, Fan Motor (P/N 08E95-MCA-1000-12)
1 each Filter, Fuel Pump (P/N 08E95-MCA-1000-13)

at Hondadirectline, they say they are replaced by part number

08E95-MCA-101

Which is the CB Radio kit for $665.

I guess that means the filters are only available when ordered with the CB kit?

:cry:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
backwoods said:
Actually when you search for those part numbers from the other thread:

2 each Filter, Fan Motor (P/N 08E95-MCA-1000-12)
1 each Filter, Fuel Pump (P/N 08E95-MCA-1000-13)

at Hondadirectline, they say they are replaced by part number

08E95-MCA-101

Which is the CB Radio kit for $665.

I guess that means the filters are only available when ordered with the CB kit?

:cry:
I got the same results when I did the search too...Maybe I can call them on Monday......I have heard some others say that the yarent necessary....I just wonder if I should try it without them first......

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Red Wrote.....
You have one for each fan power line and one for the fuel gauge.
Red, I think you meant fuel pump right??? Want to make sure he looks in the correct general location. Of course they both gotta get close to the tank huh!

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
steve s said:
Red Wrote.....
You have one for each fan power line and one for the fuel gauge.
Red, I think you meant fuel pump right??? Want to make sure he looks in the correct general location. Of course they both gotta get close to the tank huh!
Could be! LOL... I always thought it was for the gauge for some reason. I've installed a few CB's with the filters. They only fit in one line. :wink:

Maybe I should read the instructions before I install too many more units! :oops:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I thought mine said "pump" since it's an electic motor and all....it could cause the "noise" that interferes withthe CB. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

You are almost right about the plugs though. I actually found two that mine fit(but not perfectly).......and as a matter of fact the wrong one could have been the gauge as it was on the top of the tank area. I found the correct (better fit) connector on the left side up under the frame.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It is the fuel pump. I just installed my cb and it took a little while to find that plug connection. It is tucked under the left frame rail near the battery. Man, there was some labor involved with that install! But, everything worked well when finished.

·
Registered
152 Posts
goldwinghen3 forgive me if this is in too much detail. Per your request:
www.hdlparts.com; left click "Parts finder" at left side bar; fill in "Search By Parts Diagram (Fiche)" information; "AIR CLEANER" will appear in a window; scroll down in this window to the last item which is "WIRE HARNESS" (for the 2006, GL1800); left click "WIRE HARNESS"; you should see that the second column from the left in the next window is "REF#"; scroll down this column until you see "52." This is the noise filter that I had found in my quick search.

Caution: I have no way of knowing if this is actually one of the CB's filters. The sketch looks correct. The filter is probably a choke (coil) and a capacator in parallel with a matching connector on each end.

Wish I could guess why the Honda parts catalog has 20 of the same part numbers.

Your local parts professional should be able to find more information to confirm and expand what little I have been able to offer.

Hope this helps.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Rid'nrandy said:
It is the fuel pump. I just installed my cb and it took a little while to find that plug connection. It is tucked under the left frame rail near the battery. Man, there was some labor involved with that install! But, everything worked well when finished.
Having just done this, I found out that it's a whole lot easier to install the fuel pump capacitor if you just take out the battery and battery box first.

·
Registered
124 Posts
To Steve S

Hey Steve S.
They keep encouraging me to "Think Outside the Box", so, I've been looking at your avatar, and I have a suggestion.

If you change the front wheel on your tricycle from Square, to Triangular, you can eliminate one bump per revolution!! Smoothe out that ride baby!

(Man, would I make a good engineer or What?)

:lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts