GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may see this post in alot of places,,but I am in need of some help...
I am buying a used CB...It isn't coming with the 3 capacitors that are recommended....So what do I do now ?

1. Does Honda sell them ?
2. Does anyone sell them ?
3. Can I have some made ?
4.Or am I...S.O.L.?
please help ........PM me if you neeed to.....thanx,,,,,Henry

·
Registered
68 Posts
I found a place to put two of the filters and can't find the place for the third. tthe first two were placed to the rear and center of the bike cann't find anymore 2pin connectors on my no (airbag) 2006
thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
AgFox said:
I found a place to put two of the filters and can't find the place for the third. tthe first two were placed to the rear and center of the bike cann't find anymore 2pin connectors on my no (airbag) 2006
thanks for any help
One is on the left hand side below the fairing pocket and above the warm air vent against the frame in a big black plastic boot.

Trev.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AgFox said:
thanks for any help
According to some instruction I saw,, there is one on each side under the shelter pockets ( left side and right side )...and the 3rd is near the fuel tank...

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
a friend of mine who has been trading wings pretty often and having the dealers swap the CB found out one dealer didn't bother to swap the noise filters, he never would have known if the last trading dealer hadn't told him his trade in bike didn't have the filters, the dealer that hadn't swaped the filters supplied the new filters when asked, at one time they couldn't be ordered from Honda but they can be ordered from Honda now, i really don't think they have much effect

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I had them on my 02, and when the bike was salvaged
I got the CB radio off of it but did not get the 3 filters.
We got the part numbers from the manual that came with the CB,
but they were not normal Honda numbers (several added digits).
My dealer went to bat for me and contacted Honda
(several times and several different people) until one could help him
sort out the numbers. End results is that Honda found the filters for him
and sent them to him for me (at no cost). An he was good enough
to tell me that instead of charging me for something he didn't have to pay for.
I will continue to give this dealer my business and that will ensure he is compensated
for the cost of his employees getting those parts for me.
I sure can't complain about that.
When the CB came out originally, the filters were not included. I remember
having to add them on the 02. It's been too many years and too many other projects
to remember clearly, but I think it was to get rid of the noise in the transmitted signal.
Senior moments prevent me from certifying that though.:lol:
DC

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
on the 06 one is on fuel pump wire follow from top of tank to frame left side of bike near frame , another is shelter off -behind air duct right side remove duct (very easy) it is behind it, another left side near where all switch controls are where loom come down it's wire for cooling fan that's on radiators, Also Honda Direct sells them. They cut down on noise whaen cooling fans come on and fuel pump which is always on.
also 06 is not the same as previous years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts