GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cb volume, squelch and channel buttons don't work in the down position.
I have a second 1800 wing with a working cb. I have swapped the cb transceivers, swapped the audio units and the audio switch assemblies. Still the problem presists. Yes the units work well in the known good bike. The only major component I haven't changed is the multi dash display. ( to be changed soon, I'm afraid.) Anybody seen this before, or have any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help. Frustrated, Hardy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello Hardy,

According to the drawing you lost the connectivity in connector 14P Bu coming out of the handle switch assembly, the concerned wire is red all the way from the switches through the connector and to the other connector on the audio unit.(the problem could also be in that connector 34P Bl)

This wire is the only common link between the 3 switches you mentionned and it carries the Audio SW K12 signal.

You may want to trace that wire with an ohm meter to see where the problem is.

Good luck

Hermann

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello again,

I looked again at your problem and noticed that there is 2 circuits (wires) common to those 3 switches that could cause your symptom, the red wire and the orange wire.

I have included a wiring diagram that I hope you find useful.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CB problem

Hermann, Hermann. You hit the nail on the head. Just tonight, I got the chance to get back to this problem and I found something I had forgot about. Several months ago, I had a small, but quite good, independant shop install a CB noise surpressor cable assembly.(from Honda) Tonight, when I looked at the 34 pin connector to the audio unit, the red wire that you originally suspected, the pin and the wire were not there. (in the 34 pin connector) The repairman removed the pin and wire to be used in the surpressor installation. I stopped there. Tomorrow I will return to the shop and see if he still has the information on installing the noise surpressor harness. You are a gentelman and a scholar for your help. I will keep you informaned and I truly thank you so much.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello Hardy,

I am very happy I could help but I don't understand why the red wire would have been removed, this doesn't make sense as the CB Honda filters are installed under the seat (1) and in the harness boots under the left (1) and right (1) front pockets for a total of 3 filters (as a matter of fact they are capacitors).

Hope we are talking Goldwing 1800 !!!:eek:4:

The 34 pin connector is black and is located on the left hand side on the audio unit, the red wire I am talking about is the third one counting from right to left with the unit in front of you.

Pls let me know the outcome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem fixed.

Hermann, The "noise surpressor installer " had folded back" the same red wire you described, and accidently forgot to reinstall it (the red wire) back into the 34 pin connector. The cb switchs ramp up and DOWN. Thank you so much for the direction you pointed me in. I owe you big time. Hardy Baker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts