GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone taken one of these little jewels for a ride? Looks kind of nifty for a second bike for around town and local backroads. Could tow it behind the wing.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I was up close and personal with one that came to a rally I was at. It was super cool and the owner REALLY liked it. He put several hundred miles on it after he rode it off the showroom floor. It looked great.

Tim

Anyone taken one of these little jewels for a ride? Looks kind of nifty for a second bike for around town and local backroads. Could tow it behind the wing.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I had a new generation Ninja 250 which is supposedly slightly more powerful than the CBR 250, and it was a colossal waste of time. Acceleration was incredibly slow, vibrated and buzzed badly @ speed. I only owned it for a month. My So's Honda Reflex was faster in the hills and got 65-73 mpg AND had a trunk.
Mileage was mid 50's which was nice I suppose, but $4k can buy a lot of gas for the wing.
That being said, it was my first "sport" style bike and motivated me to get to get a Hayabusa....now THAT was a bike. It would get mid 50's if you keep it with in the speed limits. No reason to get a 250 when something like a Busa gets nearly the same mileage and has PROPER power. Used they are not much more expensive. YMMV.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking more at the size/weight aspect of the little bike, reading the specs Honda put a lot of creative effort in to the engine. For speedy stuff I have my fjr1300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts