GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a minidisk player or iPod type device be rigged as an input to "fool" the stereo system and therefore allow a 2nd Aux input?

Thanks
Grumpy

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Grumpy, I don't think so. But Kennedy has a thingy that will work. I have one, as well as a phone device from them. These work great.

See here... http://www.cellset.com/AuxSwitchSet2.html

I use mine to work my Roady XM radio and my I-way 500 GPS. Hook up the one you listen to all the time as your primary, and the other as secondary. When you turn #2 on it automatically overrides #1. No switching or input from you, totally automatic.

This is a nice setup, and well thought out. Kennedy has responded well to any concerns I had, also. A class act.

Dave

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
It was a project I wished to work on, but alas life took me in a different direction distracting me. E/C was working on this as well, Lewis, how far has it gone?

SSI America claimed to be working on this in 2004, but can not tell if they support the GL1800. The Prelude and S2000 both used the same connector and protocols according to them.

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
...would be interseting, if a pig tail jumper could be made-up to do that, then at least we could use a decent aftermarket CD player.

prs

·
Registered
53 Posts
All

I made a pigtail splitter for the AUX input. I have my satellite radio hard wired into it it as well as the AUX input located in the left pocket for my MP3 player. Of course you should not use both at the same time.

Lori

1 - 5 of 5 Posts