GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed it about three weeks ago, worked as expected. Then while at a gas station, the CD button / ipod quit working, everything else works but the CD / ipod. when i push the CD button, absolutely nothing, ipod works at the aux, so i know its not the ipod, any ideas on the issue or any troubleshooting ideas?
thanks in advance...

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
back and forth nothing from cd, unplugged everything, still nothing from the CD button, im thinking this ipod adaptor did something to my CD button. anyone ever have a CD button that quit? is there somekind of CD inline fuse or something?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unplug the connector that goes into the CD changer connector under the seat, and plug it back in.
unplugged the IPOD wires under the seat, turned bike on, no CD beep, plugged the IPOD wires back in, no beep, all the other radio switches beep. so, put the bike back together, no work, went for a small ride, and shazam, CD started working, must have been some kind of ghost delay timer thingamajig thingy going on.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was going to say you might have gotten some dirt under the CD button. That seems to be a problem from time to time to render the buttons to not work. And it doesn't take much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts