GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the CD player jammed again. Locked up during a change of CD's. This is my second one! Same thing happened to the first one. I took the bike to the dealer on Saturday to have the ECM work done and told Service Mgr about the problem with the CD. He said he didn't know about any upgrades of the CD players since I had mine replaced last spring. Dealer did original install and the replacement.

Has anybody had any luck in getting Honda to refund the money on the CD player? I thought I may want to go this route. There are bunches of other options for music on the road now. I think I will tell the Service Mgr to take it out and send it back and send me a check.

Bike will be in the shop for awhile if I wait for a replacement CD to come in. I can be back to riding whenever they replace the ECM.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Stick on lable = disaster!

Just one posibility. :idea:
Any chance any of the CDs were home burned and have the stick on lable?
I found that to be a definate no no.
Had to reach in with tweezers to get the CD out.
Never use one with a stick on lable :!:
TR

·
Registered
674 Posts
Old design or new design CD mount?

On my 01 I had the old mount design CD player and it useed to jam up all the time. When it used to jam I would open up the CD tray...let it come up with the power on and just rap the top of the CD player with my knuckles and that would unjam it. Now that I have the new mount design that goes to the frame I no longer have this problem. At one time awhile back Honda did offer to buy back the CD's....don't know if they are doing it anymore.

Good Luck!

The Real Ed Norton :yes:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Warbird -

None of the CD's were home burned and labeled. :( It just would happen during a change and would jam. I just received my February Wing World and noticed there was an article about jamming CD's in there. I have already dropped the bike off at the dealer who installed the original and the replacement CD player so I am waiting on a reply when they get into it.

Ed -

I went through all of what you said with rapping the top and all and I was able to have it eject a couple CD's but would end up with the same old error message! I think I will let Honda figure it out! :x I was hoping to hear from someone who received a check for faulty merchandise from Honda. I think that would be better because if they install another one, it too, may go bad and I would be in a catch 22 situation (I think)

Thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts