GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just received a CD player from e-bay. can anyone tell me how to route the wire haress out the trunk. I have a 06 gl1800 with nav.

I have looked in the trunk and removed the seat but i don't see a way for the wires to come out the trunk.

Any help would be appreaciated.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
You have to drill a hole, look for the target showing in the leading (seat) area. A grommet is then installed which the wires pass through.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The hole must be large enough in diameter to pass the connector through it.
Before you mount it connect it up to make sure it still works properly. If it was shipped to you it may be damaged because these players were not intended to be shipped without an insert to keep the carriage from moving around.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You must remove the trunk. As you are sitting on the bike on the left front bottom (in the black part) you have to drill a 32 MM hole for the large gromet (that is attached to the CD wire) to fit into (there is a small X moulded into the plastic as a center) There are 4 more holes (22MM) that must be drilled into the bottom so that the CD mounting kit will fit. There is also a template you need to drill these. The template should be in the instructions you received with the CD.
Lt.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
next question. Is this gronet available from honda?

Thaks for your reply.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry while I was typing my second question I recieved other responces.

This CD player works in the gl have already tested it but it was meant to go in a civic. I did not know this when I bought it off e-bay.

This may be useful info since there is a cd player for the 06 civic that will
play mp3 and wma files.

Again thanks for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts