GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of putting together, what I call, 'Cedar Key Getaway' the weekend of October 26-28, 2007.

Talking with a hotel right now & will look into/talk to a couple of restaurants in the next few days.

What ya'll think???

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Cool. I'm in since its far enough out to ensure I haven't planned anything else.

BTW I nominate you the official "Activities Director" for the Florida region of GL1800Riders.com.

Can I get a second?

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
GL1800GSXR1000 said:
Cool. I'm in since its far enough out to ensure I haven't planned anything else.

BTW I nominate you the official "Activities Director" for the Florida region of GL1800Riders.com.

Can I get a second?
2nd ...

Dennis

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Can we get a vote?

Yehs?
Neys?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
No wait just a minute....Roy did a good job on Two Egg. I did the one during Biktoberfest and the one coming up to Outback Crab Shack.

What about us? :wink:

Al, you're doing a great job!!!! Keep it up!

Bartman

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Planning Two Egg was fun, but my vote is for Al. Bart can be a good co-director. I'm happy to just ride.

I think it's supposed to be a Yeh or Ney to make it a legal vote. Not yah or nah. We don't want this vote tossed on a technicality,

Keep in mind Biketoberfest is around that time, possibility the week before.

YEH.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cedar Key

In case you didn't know "Wizard" was already setting this up again for this year. You might want to check with him. He did a great job last year, in spite of the weather we had a great time.

Bill

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
dtbmjax - aka Bartman said:
No wait just a minute....Roy did a good job on Two Egg. I did the one during Biktoberfest and the one coming up to Outback Crab Shack.

What about us? :wink:

Al, you're doing a great job!!!! Keep it up!

Bartman
What about you? LOL

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
tequilaroy said:
Planning Two Egg was fun, but my vote is for Al. Bart can be a good co-director. I'm happy to just ride.

I think it's supposed to be a Yeh or Ney to make it a legal vote. Not yah or nah. We don't want this vote tossed on a technicality,

Keep in mind Biketoberfest is around that time, possibility the week before.

YEH.
Biketoberfest should be Thursday October 18th to Sunday October 21st.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Re: Cedar Key

billybob said:
In case you didn't know "Wizard" was already setting this up again for this year. You might want to check with him. He did a great job last year, in spite of the weather we had a great time.

Bill
I don't remember seeing a post about this last year. Now that Al is the Activities Director Wizard will have to coordinate things through him LOL.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I vote YEH to who ever wants to do it ...

I will be only going for the day as I am only an hour or so away....

Bikeweek and Biketoberfest the same....1 day, no nights...

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
wingnutzz said:
Wonder if I can figure a way to be down there from Colorado? Hummmmmmm!!!!!
Start digging out now, you might get down here by October :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
When I lived in Williston, we used to run down to Cedar Keys for dinner, It might be a bit of a stretch for me now. :lol:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Anyone ever go to the "sweet potato" rally in Ocilla, Ga?

If you have never been it is one NOT to be missed! It is the best weekend rally, time to relax and just spend time with old and new friends. That same weekend the whole town and surrounding areas turn out of a little country parade and some of the towns folks bake pies and cakes.

If you are looking for rest & relaxation, you don't want to miss this little rally. They have a local band that comes and plays from a flatbed trailer, both friday & saturday nights. Camp fires all around, folks drinking hot chocolate or coffee and staying next to a warm fire. It doesn't get any better than this!

If you would like more information go to this website: www.southgeorgiatouringclub.com

Hope to see you all there!

wingman57

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
wingman57 said:
Anyone ever go to the "sweet potato" rally in Ocilla, Ga?

If you have never been it is one NOT to be missed! It is the best weekend rally, time to relax and just spend time with old and new friends. That same weekend the whole town and surrounding areas turn out of a little country parade and some of the towns folks bake pies and cakes.

If you are looking for rest & relaxation, you don't want to miss this little rally. They have a local band that comes and plays from a flatbed trailer, both friday & saturday nights. Camp fires all around, folks drinking hot chocolate or coffee and staying next to a warm fire. It doesn't get any better than this!

If you would like more information go to this website: www.southgeorgiatouringclub.com

Hope to see you all there!

wingman57
Wingman57,

I cant get that website to show up....

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
FLC2C, the SO and I would prolly go. But we would travel back and forth from Williston. It will be great to meet some more new people and a chance to catch up with those that I have already met! :lol:

Shadow1
Hal

1 - 20 of 30 Posts