GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cee Baily +4 and like it just fine, but over the years the thing has a bunch of scratches undoubtedly from me not doing a good job cleaning it.

So, I have two questions:
1. Cee Baily makes a fine product. Why does the F4 (+4) cost so much more than a Cee Baily +4? Is the F4 so different from the Cee Baily that it warrants the substantial price difference and if so, what are those differences? Also....are there any good under rated alternatives to either Cee Baily +4 and F4 +4? I am not a windbender kinda guy, which is why I get the +4.

2. Given I have undoubtedly marred the Cee Baily from inadvertently grinding in road grime when cleaning, what is the best way to clean a good windshield to avoid grinding in road grime and causing scratches and swirls?. It's not as though I have not tried to do the right thing, and I use Plexus liberally and have the right magic cloth etc.
As always, thanks in advance
Pete

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Whether or not it's "worth it" is up to you. It is important to clean any shield properly. I've used stock, Tulsa and Cee Bailey shields and they all look nearly new after years (with the exception of a few rock nicks).
I just use a clean terry towel soaked with LOTS of water and then dry with a clean towel. Go back and forth.... don't "swirl".

Look here for some tips:

http://www.allamericanprod.com/hints.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts