GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a 12v cig power port in the trunk of my 1800 for my cell charger. Well got it all hooked up and put cell charger in and little red light on charger lights up but when I plug cell phone in it doesn't start to charge. I take it out to the Tacoma and plug it in and the phone starts charging. So I figure the port is bad so I pull off the left pocket and dig out the honda power cig port I installed(plug n play) for my garmin and pluged charger in and it lights up but the phone doesn't charge, This tells me that there is power to the ports Garmin works ,cell chargers little red light comes on when pluged into both but the mistery is niether one starts the phone charging and the Tacome does. Anyone got an answer to my mystery?:shrug:

·
Registered
501 Posts
I wonder about voltage present in socket. Was bike or Tacoma running when you plugged in cell phone? Did you read voltage? If bike was reading say 11.5 volts and Tacoma was reading 12.5 it could make a difference. Try the same experiment with both vehicles cranked and running.
I's hard to believe that you had two bad cigarette lighter connections in the bike.
Have you tried a different cell charger?
Just some thoughts.
Bill

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder about voltage present in socket. Was bike or Tacoma running when you plugged in cell phone? Did you read voltage? If bike was reading say 11.5 volts and Tacoma was reading 12.5 it could make a difference. Try the same experiment with both vehicles cranked and running.
I's hard to believe that you had two bad cigarette lighter connections in the bike.
Have you tried a different cell charger?
Just some thoughts.
Bill
The Tacoma was not running when it checked it out. I'll try when wing is running and see if makes a diff.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I think the key on the Wing needs to be turned on for the outlet to work. Mine does.

The Garmin probably has a built in battery which allows it to come on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts