GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an XM radio on a ram mount on the left handlebar. I would like the Butler cup, it seems to mount in the same place as the XM. I really want to intergrate a GPS and be able to answer my cell through the headset as well as have the XM and Butler cup. Any recommendations on where to purchase and how to mount? My XM is a Roady2 and hardwired in. Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Chazman:

The Garmin 2820 wil intergrate your cell phone if your phone is blue tooth compatable. It will show you who is calling and and your phone book is right on the GPS. It also has XM radio, traffic and weather capabilities along with an MP3 player. the only problem is if you go to a bluetooth headset the XM radio won't come through that way.l have used the scala bluetooth head set and it works great with my cell phone and then when I got the GPS it worked great also, I just want the XM radio to play through a head set also. I have gotten all the Kennedy harnesses I need to do that and will just use a normal headset.

You could probably just do the same thing although it is a lot of money if you already have an XM radio.

George

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks George!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Geogyporgy said:
Chazman:

The Garmin 2820 wil intergrate your cell phone if your phone is blue tooth compatable. It will show you who is calling and and your phone book is right on the GPS. It also has XM radio, traffic and weather capabilities along with an MP3 player. the only problem is if you go to a bluetooth headset the XM radio won't come through that way.l have used the scala bluetooth head set and it works great with my cell phone and then when I got the GPS it worked great also, I just want the XM radio to play through a head set also. I have gotten all the Kennedy harnesses I need to do that and will just use a normal headset.

You could probably just do the same thing although it is a lot of money if you already have an XM radio.

George
I have the 2820 and it works flawlessly integrated with my Motorola bluetooth phone that I carry in my trunk or on my person when riding. It solved the issue of the phone in the weather.

the 2820 does not have WX capability like radar or anything though. Bob

·
Registered
483 Posts
Chazzman I would check with Jon at [email protected] explain to him exactly what you want to do. I have on several occasions he has recommended the right setup each time. Also he is great on support if you have a problem.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent Jon an e-mail. Thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts