GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sorry if this is a repeat but how do I connect my cell phone to use while riding to my J&M headset? Is it possible?
With the new J&M Bluetooth headsets, it is possible. By the time you buy the headsets (for you and a passenger), the Bluetooth dongle (for you and the passenger), and the adapter cables (for you and the passenger) it will run you a grand total of around $1300. For my money, I'll stick with the cord for now, and talk on the cell phone after I stop.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I have been using the cellset from Kennedy for three years. If your phone is set up for voice activated dialing that is a big plus. I believe the cost was around $300. My phone can be set for voice activated dialing and auto answer which helps when wearing gloves. Due to my job I have to answer when it rings but I will usually pull over while talking. The system works pretty well but people who are talking to me hear their voice come back to them in an echo. Sounds good on my end but very disturbing for them. I haven't been able to correct that. Most of my conversations are yes, no, are you out of your mind! For anything more I stop and take my helmet off and make a call. One other aggravation is the bluetooth module. Everytime I start the bike I have to push the button on the blustooth and it has to be held for several seconds before it comes on. Seems like a small thing but has really started to bother me. The cellset is plug and play, you will have to take the seat off and the left fairing pocket. I do like the set up and if I could get rid of the echo I would like it more.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Call Kennedy Technologies... If my memory serves me correct... I spent
around $260.00 to connect my radar detector, GPS & bluetooth cell phone
so I could hear it thru my ear phones.... I CAN make & receive calls
while on the bike...

I think if you only want the cell phone feature ... it should run about $130.00 for a single cell set..

cosmic

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I've used my Cellset with Motorola Bluetooth adapter for years. It works great and the voice quality is very good. The only drawback is remembering to turn it on before each ride and turning it off after each ride. Has anyone discovered a way to remove the internal battery in the Bluetooth adapter so it can be powered directly from the bike?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts