GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for info on hooking a cell phone into the aux. input for the intercom on the wing. Can anyone point me to the info, I know I've seen it on the board somewhere, but can't find it now.

Thanks,

·
Registered
567 Posts
I don't know about the other guys, but we will soon offer bluetooth, (ie wireless) connectivity to the bike. If you have a bluethooth enable phone, just walk up to the bike, put on your helmet, turn on the intercom, and the phone audio is tied in automatically to the bike's audio system. No wires, no cables. Nuttin. Absolutely the coolest technology to come along. 8)

Something else is brewing too.... a bluetooth wireless helmet headset. :shock:

·
Registered
21,052 Posts
A wireless headset! You might have a chance to take my money cause I hate those headset cords.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Kennedy Cellset

You did it this time. Don't go public with the wireless
headsets until you have a couple of hundred made and
ready to ship. I don't want to have to run over anyone.

In other words, HURRY UP......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Better put me on your list

John, I want BOTH the hook-up for the Garmin 2610 and the blootooth, Can you put me on your list of when its released????

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Gotta love this board and the folks that hang out here!! Nothing like having a direct connection to all the folks who make the cool toys!!

I'll be looking forward to hearing more about the wireless stuff!

But until then, the cellset is the way to go!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
jjambor said:
I don't know about the other guys, but we will soon offer bluetooth, (ie wireless) connectivity to the bike. If you have a bluethooth enable phone, just walk up to the bike, put on your helmet, turn on the intercom, and the phone audio is tied in automatically to the bike's audio system. No wires, no cables. Nuttin. Absolutely the coolest technology to come along. 8)

Damn you jjambor - you just got my money for the cellset and now you want more of my money for bluetooth wireless helmet headset :s27:

It will be hard to give up the Arai high dollar clampless unit tho!

Might we be able to retro fit it to our existing wired helmets?

·
Registered
115 Posts
jjambor said:

Da'am! Although my existing Kennedy Cellset works fine, count me in for the wireless revolution! :D

I'm Ready NOW, can we expect product to be shipping by late spring or early summer? :?:

·
Registered
567 Posts
The bluetooth adapter will be used in conjunction with the cellset, just as the other adapters we sell are.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey Jon,
Sure would be nice to get rid of the @@*()&%#@@ cords! How about some BETA test samples? Be glad to write up a review for you.:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Jon, Will the bluetooth adapter work with my current cell set?

How long will it be before you have this available. I'm trying to get my wing rally ready by Feb. 28 Palmetto Ramble and have getting my cellset rewired into my new bike as a priority. If it will be available soon, it could save me a lot of work.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The adapter wll be just that, an adapter... to be used in conjunction with the cellset.
I hope to have it available this summer.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Man, these things will go faster than you can make them!! No cords... OH YA!!!!

Y'all are awesome!!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Jon,

that's an excellent use for Bluetooth! Actually about the best one I've heard of so far. Are you working with any of the headset folks as far as that end of it goes, or do you plan to put out the headset yourself?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Jon,
Regretting the early release of this info yet?? :lol: :lol:

You know we'll all drive you crazy now, until it is out :D :D

Seriously, thank for visiting the board and for sharing your ideas with us.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts