GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys:

I know someone out there has a cell phone mount on the Texelent Bar system. I'm looking for recommendations for mounting my Nextel i95cl on the Texelent Bar system. What mount would you recommend?

Also I guess the 2 way radio feature on the Netel isn't an option that can be used with the Kennedy Cellset?

Thanks!
-David

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi-

You can use the car kit that is meant to be professionally installed. If you hardwire the cradle, your phone will charge while you ride. Then you can also connect your phone to your headset thru the Kennedy Cell Set if you like.

I use a Motorola car kit on my Texelent bar, connected with the 2 hole mount that Tom sells with the bar.

Hope this helps

Lisa

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did a google search using your phone type and the words professional car kit. One of the links that came up was

http://www.cellularking.com/Merchant2/m ... ode=Nextel

I didn't spend any time 'shopping' this though so I'm sure there are better deals out there. I bought mine over ebay and saved a lot, but my phone is sort of outdated, so I'm sure the accessories are more discounted.

I really like having my phone mounted in a cradle, but you'll still want to use a small bungee or other way to be sure you aren't trying to grab your phone as it sails past your face shield. Um....don't ask how I know that :shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts