GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Kennedy Cellset this past weekend. Everything works okay for making and receiving calls except when I put the phone in the RAM cradle. I have a Samsung (Sprint) A580 flip phone which has buttons on both outside edges of the phone. When locked into the RAM cradle the buttons get activated and the phone will not work. All calls go to voicemail. Using Key Guard will allow me to lock the outside speaker key but only with one push of the speaker key button. When compressed for more than two seconds (as it is in the RAM mount) it will unlock the key again. Has anyone else had this problem with the RAM mount and phones with exterior keys? Does anyone know if there is a way to totally disable the external keys? Sprint was no help and Samsung has not responded to my questions on the phone. I've considered cutting the foam pad on the RAM mount to give clearance for the buttons. Any other ideas? Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts