GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cell phone that connects via blue tooth with my Garmin 550 just fine, in my cage that is. On the bike the GPS along with the Valentine radar detector is pluged into Kennedy gear and then into the bike's intercom circuit. ED's sets gen 3 handle the helmet speaker and microphone duties.

Cell phone comunication works mostly ok with the switch on and the motor not running. Start the motor and I can hear the other person ok but they have a hard time hearing/understanding me. They say I sound garbled. Run down the road at any speed and I can hear, not so good, but the other person can not understand a word I am saying.

I have tried a foam filter on the mic and fiddled with the intercom volume setting with out any improvement.

Any hints/suggestions to fix my problems will be welcomed.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I use a Kennedy Cellset HARDWIRED for my iPhone into my helmet. Works great. Called Jon and told him what I had and he sold me what I needed.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you happen to know the numbers on whatever that is you have?

I have a part installed called "CellSet MC/GPS-ICS/MIC" already. I am wondering if it is the same thing.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a cell phone that connects via blue tooth with my Garmin 550 just fine, in my cage that is. On the bike the GPS along with the Valentine radar detector is pluged into Kennedy gear and then into the bike's intercom circuit. ED's sets gen 4 handle the helmet speaker and microphone duties.

Cell phone comunication works mostly ok with the switch on and the motor not running. Start the motor and I can hear the other person ok but they have a hard time hearing/understanding me. They say I sound garbled. Run down the road at any speed and I can hear, not so good, but the other person can not understand a word I am saying.

I have tried a foam filter on the mic and fiddled with the intercom volume setting with out any improvement.

Any hints/suggestions to fix my problems will be welcomed.
i think you have the same issue i found on Art G's bike just before the IBR.

leave the V1 connected to the Intercom side as wired. butt have the audio output from the Z550 go into the Aux connection on the bike.

i have the older individual cellset gear instead of his newer modular style. with the Older GPSset to power it and use the INTERCOOM side for the 2610,
I have the 2820 audio out to the AUX connection and Edset's mic input to the 2.5mm mic input on the 2820.
the phone is Paired to the 2820.
i hear the music, XM/mp3/audio books feed in stereo as well as the caller.

if you have the Zumo plugged to the Stereo side as well as the Mono side it cancels each other.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
You can call Jon and tell him what phone you have and what you are trying to do and he will tell you what you need. If I remember right it was around $175 but was 2 years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts