GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I second the choice of Kennedy. The ideal set up is to have a phone that will allow the incoming call "ring" to be heard over the headset. Not all phones have this capability. My old Samsung phone would ring at the phone only, and not in the earpiece. When I renewed our contract I specifically went into the Sprint store with an earpiece to be certain the ring comes thru the earpiece when plugged in. I currently have a Sanyo. All the Sanyo phones that were being offered had this feature.

Also, the phone has an auto-answer feature that is very convenient. The flip-type phone sits stowed securely in the holster on the handlebars. An incoming call rings over the headset for the 5-15 seconds interval you have selected then automatically goes "hot mic" for the conversation to take place. Once the call is complete and the caller hangs up at their end, your phone goes off-line within several seconds. Completely hands free on your end. Nothing up your sleeves, just like magic.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I installed the Kennedy and use my Nokia. Also interfaced my radar detector. Since you have to leave the intercom on for the Kennedy to work, I installed Mic-Mutes to get rid of the wind noise, etc. Excellent results...
Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts