GL1800Riders Forums banner

Cellset w/GPSIII

999 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  OrangeCrush 
#1 ·
Just got my ride back from Gold Wing Rider who installed my Kennedy Cellset.

Works as advertised. Had to turn the I/C down to 9 from the 11 or 12 that I normally have it on when Adrian is riding with me. Made several calls while making the 12 mile ride home and it's clear as a bell.

Will have to wait a while to ride a programmed route to see how well the Garmin interface is, but am sure it will be just as good as the phone interface.

For the folks at Kennedy, Thanks and job well done!

#2 ·
Darryl,

That stinking GPS is going to ruin you. Last year was the first year that I ever had an automobile type GPS.

Now I can't go 1 mile to town for milk without it. Certainly an amazing gadget, and best part is, there is no monthly fee to pay yet. (Just wait till the feds start charging us...LOL).

Hopefully, you will now be able to find Woodbourne NY !

Dawg

#3 ·
Bulldog - isn't that the truth about the "no monthly fee" for using a GPS. I continually use this marvelous product and marvel that I don't have to pay a monthly fee to get all the information it continually provides when I travel. It's been a great addition and asset to my travels. I also think it would have prevented at least 3 arguements I had with my wife on some of our travels too :roll:

DaleC

#7 ·
Cell Set / GPS

Darryl

I would suggest "Mic-Mutes" to improve your system even better.

BlackHawk

I would look into the "Texlent" bar system. I first had mine mounted with the "Ram" system, a very good system, but just installed a "Texlent" bar, which moved the GPS to the middle of bike and allows for additional items. I have the SPIII, cell phone, cassette player and FM remote control mounted on mine.

Hal sells them and it is a great system.

#10 ·
DaleC said:
Bulldog - isn't that the truth about the "no monthly fee" for using a GPS.
Just wait until you feel the need to get the software upgraded, Dale, so you get the newer Dairy Queen locations added .... it ain't an "annual" fee ... but it's a major "ouch!" when it comes!

I'm just AMAZED by the accuracy and detail .... I paid particular attention when heading down to Chicago this weekend, and noticed the detail to make sure you got the right exit when the off-ramp from the freeway had 3 choices - local road, west freeway and east freeway. "in 300 feet exit right and keep left", "in 300 feet exit right and keep right", etc. Pretty impressive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.