GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I have a ride off center stand on my 2103 GL1800 Level IV and the foot pedal has a rubber
pad that covers the foot plate. Over time this rubber pad wears and the sharp edges of the plate cuts
into the rubber pad. I've had to replace it three times now. Here's my question, I've looked online and
have not been able to find something to replace the rubber pad. I was thinking of putting something made
of aluminum or steel I could screw onto the foot plate and would be along the lines of say a dirtbike foot peg,
bent up metal bits. That way my motorcycle boot would not slip off the foot plate and I would not have
to keep replacing the rubber pad. There are lots of side stand metal end plates that give you a wider
foot print for the side stand, but they are not the correct shape to simply attach to this pad. Have any of
you seen something that might work? The item I'm looking for could even mount to the stock Gold Wing
center stand. If there looks like no one makes anything I guess I'll have to get a local metal fabrication shop to
make me one, which is fine with me, but thought I'd better ask this community first just in case there is
an item I could just buy instead of making. Thanks all.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
You can go into a store that deals with Skate Boards and pick up a piece of "Grip Tape" to stick on the metal pad.
Grip Tape is used to keep skaters shoes from sliding on the Skate Board and does well on my Center Stand pad on the Wing..

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
What I done did doo.....
File or Dremel grind the sharp edges off the metal foot of the pad. Also if the rubber pad is lose on the metal foot it will move around and the foot can cut through the rubber pad.
Mine, I put a dob of Goop adhesive between the metal foot and rubber pad. This stops any movement and is still removable. Replacement rubber pads are available at my local O'reilly auto parts store.

Corventure Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts