GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Interesting creation. This will not work for me as it would drag the ground but kool idea.

I did put a ride off stand on mine but I like what you have done here.

I would like to see it in action. Did I miss a link to a video?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Can anyone confirm if this cool tool will work with Transformer passenger boards on a 2012?

Thanks!
Any passenger floorboard that, when folded up, does not protrude much more than the stock ones should work with the EZ-LIFT.
I also have a device that increases that clearance by +1” for use with thicker floorboards or lights attached to the floorboard bottom.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Interesting creation. This will not work for me as it would drag the ground but kool idea.

I did put a ride off stand on mine but I like what you have done here.

I would like to see it in action. Did I miss a link to a video?

There is a U-tube video on my web-site noted in the original post.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Note to foreign buyers, I am happy to ship to other countries. The shipping cost is approximately $22 (First-Class) and $45 (Priority-Mail) to most European countries and slightly higher to the southern hemisphere and Asia. I don’t see any advantage to Priority-mail as it takes about the same transit time as First-class. Please contact me through my web-site for shipping quotes for your country. In addition to shipping, the EZ-LIFY costs $120.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I put a 1 1/4" Lowering kit on my 2005 and to get the bike up on the Center Stand, I drive up onto a 2X6 6 inches long and use another 2x4 for the side stand that I manipulate with my foot to slide it into place. Then I get off the bike and put the bike on the center stand. I'm only 5' 6 1/2" and always used to drive up on a small piece of 3/4" piece of plywood to help me. But the lowering kit makes the job even harder. I once had the drive off center stand but it didn't help much and would drag over speed bumps so I took it off and sold it.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I guess carrying 2”X4”s, 2”X6”s and 3/4” plywood around is one option, and I don’t have a lowering kit, but the EZ-LIFT is a lot simpler, neater and works better. Here’s a recent comment from a user....

"I just want to say that your EZ Lift is a God send. I had the hardest time getting my Goldwing on the center stand and now it's a breezy. The best thing since sliced bread. Every time I would try to put my Goldwing on its center stand I could really feel it in my back to the point where I thought it would go into spasms. Now I just push with my foot and pull just slightly with the right hand and up it comes."

·
Registered
347 Posts
I purchased Phil's E-Z lift for my 2012 GW. I have the Transformer passenger boards installed. I installed the hardware on the center stand and inserted the foot lever. Success! The Transformer boards did not get in the way at all. It is now SOOOO easy to get my bike on the center stand. Thanks Phil!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I rarely pass on comments I receive from users but this one seems to say what a lot of others have said. I have also received comments from people who have injured their foot or leg while deploying the center-stand.

Rad: "Just installed the EZ Lift on my 2006 Goldwing. I am 70 and can still use the center stand okay. However, I thought, how will I be doing this at 73 to 75. So the decision was easy. I am impressed with the high quality of this device and how well it installs. Had it on and working in under 10 minutes. Boy! Am I glad you came up with this device. It is so easy to deploy the center stand it is actually funny. Thanks for making my riding days easier. This device is worth every dollar I paid for it. Whether you are 30 or 70 years old you will enjoy this wonderful device."

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
This comment is noteworthy mainly because I would like to congratulate the author for still riding at age 80!
He has a couple years head start but I hope to do the same. Sometimes you just need a helping hand.

James: "Philip, it sure is nice to be able to lift my bike on the center stand with this 80-year-old body on a 175 pound frame. Sure do appreciate your invention"

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
This is the third message I’ve received that says basically the same thing....You can injure yourself severely using the center stand! This gentleman has nearly 300K miles on his Gold Wing, and nearly a Million miles on motorcycles, so don’t tell me he doesn't know, “Proper technique”!

"these Boots had tread with no Heel so the pressure was on the ball of my Foot -- When I put my full Body weight 245Lbs plus pulling on the Grab Rail I ruptured my Right Foot Achilles Tendon -- It will be 16 Weeks before removal of my Cast and no need of Crutches -- 6 Months before normal activities -- i really need your EZ-Lift"

·
Registered
100 Posts
Due to an injury, I had a problem deploying my center-stand. That prompted me to create the EZ-LIFT to make it easier to raise my bike without waiting for help or resorting to a crutch that isn't with me when I travel.
The EZ-LIFT won't lift your bike for you but it makes it a lot easier...
Will there ever be an ez-lift for the new Wings?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Will there ever be an ez-lift for the new Wings?
No, I invented it for my own use and had a 2010 at the time, so it wasn’t just a product I made to sell. The later versions changed drastically and there is no room for added leverage. I heard they are lighter and there is less need.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No, I invented it for my own use...
Thank you for taking the time to respond. Was just remembering my days as a machinist. I can say first hand that I can appreciate the time and energy that goes into designing something like this. So often the things I made looked fairly simple and would "mask" the hours I put into their design. But there's a great joy in making something that solves one of those "impossible" problems. Come to think of it, I made a lot of money back in the day doing things that others said couldn't be done.
I asked because my new wing is just about as difficult to lift as my FJR was. However it has become challenging because I'm sporting 25 fewer pounds thanks to a recent bout with Covid19.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Users say it best:

ROY: "Wow! The EZ-Lift works exactly as advertised and demonstrated in your video. The installation instructions were clear, accurate, and EZ to understand. In no time at all I can now put that "monster" on the center stand without risk of injury. I am extremely pleased with the quality and design of the components and the function of the assembly as a whole. You have fixed a very serious problem. Job well done! Thank you!"

41 - 54 of 54 Posts